Monday, January 02, 2006

~*...left coast familia...*~

after a good night's rest, or should i say good day's rest, i went to richmond to my aunt thelma's place for dinner.

thelma is my father's half sister. she lives in richmond with her husband cherry. my cousin debbie, her husband steve, and their four kids were also there. it was good to see family, and even better to eat some good jamaican food.


my mom warned me that aunt thelma would have something to say about my dreadlocks...and of course she did.

"is wha you do to you hair? is you a rasta or something? what's your mother think of your hair?"

"my mom hasn't liked any of my hairstyles, but she's learned to look past what i look like and still love me."

after dinner, i jumped on a bus back to vancouver with a new year of incredible adventures and experiences ahead of me.

the world awaits.

~*...normaste...*~

No comments: