Thursday, June 08, 2006

~*...return of the dredi...*~

randnorm thursday event in black rock city 2005

the great canadian beaver eating contest

9:00pm-11:00pm
cinq or swim. absolutely no recording devices or single men. limited space. criteria: artistic merit & presentation, athleticism, enthusiasm, perversion, hairstyle. bring proof of age (id), a towel, costumes, fetish gear, and an open mind.

photo by derek powazek

randnorm mind grenade
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.~ Ingrid Bergman

randnorm pikcha

machine sex aktion group - 010100

normdate 6.8.6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISA!!!




i didn't really sleep last night as i packed up everything i needed including my computer into a suitcase and a snowboard bag. kristin and i did some skrapbooking together before she passed out. i needed to decide what to bring with me, and what i could leave in calgary. i don't really need my snowboard and gear until next season.

thank you kristin for giving me a place to stay in calgary. you are an angel. i can't wait to see you again, dance at shambalha with you, and run around on the playa at burning man with you.

i made sure to take pix of dave's star wars shrine before i left. thie guy collektz more star warz paraphenalia than anyone i've come across...and here i thought i was a big fan.




my flight left calgary at 8am. i was tired, but i knew i could sleep on the plane.

what an incredible adventure i've had. this has been the most intense 6 months away from home. this has been the longest i've ever been away from home. hmm...what is home?

home is where i lay my head.

home is where my heart is.

home is where my friends are.

when i told my mom my ridiculous idea of asking for sponsorship to fly me home for my birthday, she thought i was out of my mind and didn't believe it would happen. i told her that she could tell me how crazy an idea it was face to face if i make it back home. it seems like this choose your norm adventure idea has legs, at least enough legs to bring me home for my birthday...and i cannot wait to be around the family i have chosen for myself.

kristin and dave dropped me off at the calgary airport on their way to work. i said my goodbyes to the west...next stop, the big smoke of toronto.

i put my computer in my suitcase, which made it about 14lbs heavier than the bag limit. thank god they only charge a flat rate for oversized baggage, which is way cheaper than if i had shipped my box back to the tee dot via courier.

as the plane took off, memories of the mountains and the most intense winter of my life comforted me as i fell asleep.

a summary of my winter through pikchaz...

saying goodbye to the people i love in toronto





christmas with my family


my best friend mel and i at the airport in toronto, christmas day


the brass sculpture by bill reid in the vancouver airport (as seen on the $20 bill)


riding whistler (and powder) for my first time with my homeboy adam


meeting olympic gold medalist ross rebagliati on my first run down the whistler bowl


a warm welcome by friends on the left coast


willheim...peas soup...and four twenty beer



shreddin nutz powder with lito - mt.baker, washington



a reminder that i am brave, strong, and loved - brett and laura's in kitsilano


new years on the sunshine coast


intention 7, mt.elphinstone



family in richmond


whistler part deux


and running into old high school friends in the whistler village - whassup langcheval?


judge jules at dicks on dicks (he sucked)


karamilk in van city!


organix in gastown



reconnektin with family in ladner


mt.seymour in a cloud


lito's last night before heading back to japan


olivia arrives from new jersey to see me in van city


picasso exhibit at the vancouver art gallery


whistler partie troix with brett and dawn



dress up at the house gallery boutique with kimpossible



the museum of anthropology on ubc campus


east coast on da left coast


erin arrives in vancouver from jasper


goodbye vansterdam


hello big white! hi rich! hi stazie!


insane big white powder is awesome to ride in


not so fun to drive in :(


the rockies - jasper, alberta


marmot basin, jasper


the rocky mountains with doublecross and subsonic chronic, jasper


maligne ice canyon, jasper



happy birthday erin


marmot basin part deux


the rockies are fukkin epic!


a taste of the town


climbing the maligne ice canyon



bye bye jasper


hello nelson


my first day at whitewater


getting my casi level 1 certification


met jonas and frederik at the dancing bear inn


there are radiant goddesses in nelson


my first backcountry experience with jonas and frederik


om reunion 6 years later


324 beasley family


rainbowen


leaving a crane outside the holy smoke


fresh tracks through powder


normaste


happy birthday reubz!


fuck yeah!


greg and demi visit from ottawa


and get extreme!


free ferry to the east shore


meeting majikal beings in riondale


designed by the mou kollektiv


the majik of me+you


family reggae pot luck and reunion with a jedisistar


andrea's baby blessing


cottonwood falls


nature!


backcountry!


hey dirty...baby i'm on the east shore


jasper visits the kutenais


crystal creek


endless possibilities


life is simple


more visitors from onterrible


and more extreme!


pulpit rock


ainsworth hot springs


yasodhara ashram, east shore


the temple of divine light


lakeside park


first tracks


beach weekend


do more with norm


welcome to the world abilash! congratulations andrea and akkal!


vansterdam


faeries and fools on the sunshine coast




last day of lifts



mo crystals mo creek


happy 4/20!


goodbye frederik


this place is pretty


beach weather!


pocohotass


beasley street family


winlaw beltane festival


randomly gifted my staff


lakeside staff spinning


carpark!


valhalla house


spinning fire for my first time at cottonwood falls


lifts may be closed but there is still snow to shred


and hawt topless german telemarkers to ride with


jonas' last night


beltane full moon


cottonwood falls market


east shore celebrations


powerlines beach, east shore


lakeside park beach


welcome to the world emily sophia stass


give peace a dance


goodbye brett and reuben!


nelson food and bottle drive


pimp and ho party


last turns of the season


from the top of elephant mountain


super white power on the east shore


bouncin at the home of the mou kollektiv


inside the temple of divine light


last splash at powerlines beach


the home of wizards


bye bye nelson


hello calgary...hi kristin!


lorin bassnectar - wharehouse, calgary


normurai in calgary


bye neil! thanks for the ride...see you back in toronto


freddy falcao in the c-spot


shot through the heart and you're to blame


thanks for everything kristin


hi mom. its good to be back home again.


that was the best winter of my life. thank you to the angels who sponsored my flight home. i can't wait to thank you in person.

~*...normaste...*~

No comments: