Sunday, February 26, 2006

~*...shred with nature dread...*~

the snow that fell overnight was plentiful and by morning it covered the streets of nelson. i couldn't wait to head up to the hill and ride fresh powder.

i woke up at mikhaila's place and called jonas and frederick to see what time they were coming to pick me up, only to find out that frederick was already on his way to get me. needless to say, i missed my ride to the hill. that's alright though, i headed over to the hitching spot and was picked up in less than 2mins. gawd i love this town.

the dude who picked me up smoked me a bowl on the way to the hill, and picked up two more people who had ridden through the trees down to the road.

the hill was packed! but packed for whitewater is nothing compared to places like whistler. a packed whitewater is a 5 minute wait for the chair. yes, this place is wikkid that way. a packed lift at whistler is a 30 minute wait.

i ran into a dreadlock on the hill named nature. there aren't too many of us brothers on the hill, yet alone dreadlocked brothers who shred. nature and i spent the afternoon shredding his favourite tree lines together, each one just covered in beautiful powder. man its good to shred with another dread.

nature drove me home and i was in bed by 7pm. riding sure takes a lot out of you, and i'd ridden 4 out of the past 5 days. only have to ride three more times before i get my pass worth. schweet.

sorry, i rode without my camera today. no pix of the heavenly powder. next time ;)

~*...normaste...*~

No comments: