Thursday, September 22, 2005

~*...a welcome surprise...*~

tonight i was treated to a more than pleasant surprise. two years ago my friend darlene left for mexico and costa rica to surf and she handed down her room to me. my room is one of those rooms you would never see advertised, its one of those places that gets passed down from one person to another. the apartment is the second and third floor of a house with a living room, bedroom, storage room, bathroom and kitchen with laundry on the second floor, and the third floor equal in size to all of that but open with attic ceilings. my room is about 30'x30' with 15' tall ceilings. not a day goes by where i am not thankful for the place i live (or the price i pay for it).

on tuesday i was chatting with darlene on msn. she was in mexico city. i asked her when she was coming home to visit. she didn't know but asked if it would be ok if she just showed up at my door one day. i told her that my place is her place, and that the door would always be open. well, tonight the doorbell rang. my roommate asked if i was expecting someone. as i walked downstairs i was thinking to myself "i wonder if its darlene home to surprise me."....and it was.

she had her surfboard and two skateboards with her along with her suitcase. i'm so glad that she's here. its so good to have her back, to have someone to share stories about our crazy adventures, and to have a good friend to cuddle with. maybe i can convince her to come with me to bc and spend the season snowboarding. she's such a skate/snow/surf betty :)

i tried to take a pikcha of us, but my camera is officially playa'd. so here's a pik of darlene and i the last time she was in toronto visiting.


- normie \m/^_^\m/

No comments: