Saturday, September 24, 2005

~*...another good friday...*~

today began with beautiful sunshine coming through my window. i very rarely ever wake up beside someone, but having darlene visiting means that i get to wake up beside a beautiful soul every morning (and have someone to cuddle with at night too). its so good to have her home. and seeing as my room used to be her room, its a comfortable place for both of us to wake up in. now i've got to find someone who will take my room when i leave for bc and still have the same privileges darlene has...come back any time and have at least a sofa to stay on(if sharing the bed is out of the question).

seeing as my camera is still fubar'd, i really have no means to take pikchaz right meow. so here's a pik of darlene and i last november when she came home to visit. yes, that is a fully bloomed rose in november.


that afternoon darlene and i went skateboarding. she's got a long board and a pool board and has been missing paved roads for the past two years. i guess there aren't too many paved roads to skate on in mexico and costa rica. we headed over to trinity bellwoods park and spent the afternoon cruising around on our skates. man, its been so long since i've had someone else to go skating with. it felt good to ride again, especially on a longboard. it feels like i'm snowboarding on cement. darlene is a good skater too. she keeps on trying to convince me to join her in brazil so i can try surfing, as she (and everyone else i know who surfs) claims that it is the best feeling in the universe. i'm a big fan of snowboarding, so i can only imagine what it must be like to tune into gaia and ride her into the shore. but the west coast is calling me, and i need to ride powder. 15 years of snowboarding and never have i ridden a full run of powder. i can't wait.

that evening i met a friend at zelda's in the gaybourhood for dinner. gawd i love zelda's. its the perfect place for a first dinner with someone. the atmosphere is bright, colourful, and proud. the food is great and the staff is fabulously gay. any place where you are seated by a drag queen and can order girly cocktails with names like jackie-oh, bitch slap, and feather boa is a wonderful place for people to be themselves without fear and enjoy a fabulous meal. i didn't see zelda that night, so my memories of massaging her boobies will just have to keep me company.



after dinner, my friend and i attended the art exhibition of my very close friend bev. i've known bev since high school. she's part of my little markham krew, a group of friends from high school that i continue to share my life with. i don't have time for shitty people in my life, and my markham krew is top shelf. what makes our krew even more fascinating, at least to me, is that my brother was very good friends with bev's older sister barb, and graham's older brother brian. two generations of kids, two generations of friends.


there were lots of markham faces that i had not seen in a long time at the show, including many people who knew my brother. and it turned out that my date was friends with my friends chris and megan, part of my markham posse. yah, i learned a long time ago that me being the people person that i am makes six degrees of separation four...sometimes three ;)

bev's art exhibition was held at a restaurant called the metropolitan. it was a beautiful space, perfect to showcase her work. bev is a talented artist and has spent the last year working hard for this show. i am so happy for her. to see more of bev's work and information on purchasing an original or a print, you can czech out her site here.

darlene is also from markham, so when she showed up at the exhibition later she blew a lot of people away. hell, i didn't know she was coming home. i just answered my door the night before and there she was.

after the exhibition, my friend and i headed over to a going away party for my friend liz. she's leaving for bc in a week. wow, it seems like so many of my friends are heading out west this year, including me. the rest of the night was sort of a blur as our poison of choice was tequila. man, i don't know what it is about tequila, but it doesn't just get you drunk, it gets you high! i think its the desert that does it...very few things can survive in the desert, so what comes from plants that can survive desert conditions isn't your normal potato spirit. i guess the same can be said about the people at burning man...the desert brings out the radical in everything it touches.

my saturday was a bit hazy. aargh. tequila. i was able to get up and have lunch with my mother at the all you can eat korean grill house, but that wasn't until late afternoon so i had time to recover from an incredible friday night.

- that still working on finishing my burning man blog guy

No comments: