Saturday, January 28, 2006

~*...maligne ice canyon...*~

normdate 1.28.06
3:49pm

i am sitting at the bottom of maligne canyon watching grant climb the 75ft ice wall in front of me. ice is frozen time. so beautiful.

pete is ballaying grant. what a rush it is to climb ice. impossible is nothing. my legs are burning. my knees are bruised. my arms and hands are on fire. i couldn't ask for a better first day out ice climbing. the rush of accomplishment as you the reach the top is beyond exhilirating.

ice is falling from above as grant picks and climbs his way to the top.

the crampons on my feet make crushing ice and climbing it much easier. take that frozen water, rock wins again! craompons. reminds me of tampons with cramps. clamp ons...got it. same same but different.

the sun is going down and my body is feeling it! what an awesome way to tune into the force. the prana is very powerful here in this canyon. i can hear the water rushing through the canyon beneath the ice under my feet.

grant is bellaying down the ice wall. nice climb. i can see why people love it out here.

canada kicks ass.

i'm going to spin some poi in this canyon and then hike out of here for dinner at te moose'snook for more luxury dining at hobo prices.

i love it here.

~*...normaste...*~

1 comment:

Dharma Bum said...

Come down to Vermont for some climbing...here are a couple pictures of a day out at Lake Willoughby.

http://dharmabum333.blogspot.com/2006/02/high-and-wild.html