Thursday, December 08, 2005

~*...the family i choose for myself...*~

its starting to sink in. i'm leaving this province two weeks this sunday. whoah! and it seems like the best people in my life are making extra efforts to remind me that i have made a difference in their lives. i keep the best people in my life.

on monday, i went out for dinner with my friend maxxxine. i met maxxxine through tribe, and she's a breathtaking gemini. we had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant on queen called fressen. i always have the best times with maxxxine (the extra xxx are because we're both naughty like that ;). her and i talk so openly about sex its refreshing. actually, i have very few qualms about the topic of sex. i think too many people are afraid to talk about sex which often turns something so natural into something taboo. and we have no problem talking about raunchiness without fear. our conversations must have definitely must have challenged the people around us to think differently, as there's no way that they didn't hear us.



maxxxine also has the most gorgeous piece of sleeve ink. man am i ever a sucker for sleeves *drool* and it takes a lot more than just other people feeling awkward to make me stop enjoying a conversation about sex. i guess there's a certain level of consideration that has to be excercized when others are privy to who you are choosing to be right meow, even if they are not directly interacting with you. i prefer to spend my time on where i'm at, and i love the people i choose to share my life with. they blow my mind in so many ways by being windows to new and fascinating perspektivz.

'there's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others do not feel insecure around you." - marianne williamson

i'm really diggin the new hsbc ad campaign. they are triggering open mindedness in everyone who comes in contact with their message, celebrating diversity in our pointz of view. when i saw the ads in the subway, i took as many pix as i could before my batteries died. i wrote down the quotes from the other posters.


the world would be a dull place if everyone agreed on everything.



a difference of opinion is a healthy thing.



if everyone though the same nothing would ever change.



an open mind is the best way to look at the world.



everywhere you go you get a different point of view.



czech out this hsbc ad for their current your point of view campaign. i guess no matter what your point of view is, everyone understands the language of money. go bankz! go diversity!

on wednesday, i made my first trip moving stuff to my mom's place. i can't believe i'm leaving so soon. so much to take care of, so many people to see. it was so good to have my mom there for me. i love you mom.

i've learned to enjoy our differing points of view, even found wayz to look at them humourously. we were talking about god, and who he is. i was wondering why god is separate from us.

norm: if i was created in god's image, why am i not god too?
mom: don't be ridiculous. you are not god.
norm: then who is god?
mom: god is the creator, he is the father, the son, the holy ghost. he is the divine trinity.
norm: it sounds like god isn't just one thing.
mom: he is all things.
norm: if god is all things, explain to me again why i'm not god?
mom: *grrrrr*

i posted a ~*...god...*~ thread on tribe. the responses got colourful ;)

if the situation ain't doin for me, i'll just rotate my canvas a bit and try to look at the situation with laughter. with my mom, laughing with her is more enjoyable than fighting with her. i guess that applies to most situations for me.

a day without laughter is a day wasted. so true.

~*...normaste...*~
i honour the norm in you that is the norm in me...tee hee. and so the normification of the universe continues.

No comments: