Saturday, November 05, 2005

~*...boyz playing with their sticks...*~

last night my boy nick came over with his new snowboard, boots, bindings, and gear. this season will be nick's first season on the slopes as a snowboarder. i helped him buy new gear, and last night helped him put it together. the gear he bought was badass. not necessarily a beginner set up, but he'll get a lot of seasons out of his purchase that's for sure. he bought last year's ride timeless 159. this stick is the most responsive board i have ever ridden. my brother and my friend bobby both bought the 2004 ride timeless. after riding bobby's board, i realized how a board is supposed to respond. it was almost as if it knew what i was about to do before i did it. its one of those boards that doesn't like going slow and shines best at high speeds.



nick also got last year's ride team bindings and this year's burton hail boots. such a slick set up. and they look so hawt together. fashion is such a big part of snowboarding. yes, snowboarding is all about strapping a board to your feet and riding down a mountain, but its the feeling that riding brings out in us that makes us love the sport. the same goes for fashion. its the look good feel better mentality. if you feel you look good, you feel better about yourself. what looks good is different for every person. i'm a fashion whore, so my outfit matching my board and my bindings goes without saying.



hey, you wouldn't buy a car that wasn't the colour you wanted would you?



after setting up nick's board, we pulled out my futon mattress and buckled into our rides for some bouncing action. i really enjoy this exercise. its a great off season way to tune into what its like to be buckled into your board, and get a few bounces in there. but holy crap does it take a lot out of you. a trampoline is way better for bouncing, but alas my room isn't that big. bounces, airs, nose and tail stalls, and balance...all great skills to practice by bouncing on a mattress. a spring mattress is better too for bounce. maybe next time i'll use my bed mattress.



thanks to nick for bringin his camera with him. its been so long since i've had a camera *sob* i really miss takin pix *sob*

later that night i went to my friend bobby and dana's place for their housewarming. they had moved into the apartment upstairs from them, and were having some friends over to break in the new place. nick and i had been drinking the whole time we were playing with our boards, and then after a few drinks at bobby and dana's, i pretty much had the desired effect. by the end of the night, i believe i was a bit annihilated. the bike ride home was a bit wobbly, but i made it home safely. thanks to my friends who encouraged me to wait a bit and drink some water before i jumped on my bike home.

i love my friends. i love snowboarding. i love me.

- normaste \m/^_^\m/

No comments: